We’re glad you’re here. We are a fellowship of men and women who share our experience, strength and hope to help each other gain and maintain sexual sobriety. For us, sexual sobriety means no sex with one’s self or with anyone other than our spouse and that true sobriety includes progressive victory over lust.
If you would like more information about SA in Nebraska, please click here to contact us via e-mail.
We can’t pronounce anyone as a sexaholic. It’s up to you to diagnose for yourself. Try some controlled lusting. Try setting boundaries on your sexaul acting out. Try limiting your sex partners or the frequency of your activity. Try it more than once. If you find you want to stop and can’t, you may be a sexaholic. Lust has become an addiction. Our situation is like that of the alcoholic who can no longer tolerate alcohol and must stop drinking altogether. So it is with the sexaholic, or sex drunk, who can no longer tolerate lust but cannot stop.
But there is hope. We have found that we are powerless over lust, and we have found sobriety in this daily program of spiritual recovery. By working the Twelve Steps of recovery, we have been able to stay sexually sober for years, one day at a time.
If you want what we have, we are here to help. There are around 20+ meetings a week across the state of Nebraska and many of those are phone meetings for anyone who aren’t located close to a physical meeting.
Chickenfest is coming up! This year, our annual pot luck picnic will be on Sunday, September 17, at 4:30 p.m. at Densmore Park in Lincoln. A flier for the event including a map to the park is here.
Here’s what you’ll find on this web site:
- Meetings. If you’re a newcomer or a member, we have person-to-person meetings across Nebraska. You’ll find locations and times on the meetings page.
- Call-In Meetings. Many of the in-person meetings in Nebraska open phone lines for members who can’t make the meetings in person. You’ll find times, phone numbers and conference PINs here.
- Events. Beyond local meetings, events include regional and national retreats and conventions as well as opportunities to serve through SA Nebraska Intergroup meetings.
- Self-Test. If you’re a newcomer trying to decide if SA is a resource for you, take the test here.
- Women in SA. If you are a woman facing problems with sexual acting out, you’ll find specific information for you here.
- For Spouses, S-Anon. S-Anon is a program of recovery from the effects of sexaholism, based on the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of S-Anon, for the families and friends of sexaholics. There are S-Anon meetings in Lincoln and Omaha, and the times and places are listed here.
- Our Stories. Many of us find that audio talks from experienced, sober members can help our recovery. In this section you’ll find audio recordings of local speaker meetings and retreats.
- Contact. Finally, for more individualized information, contact us.
What is Sexaholics Anonymous?*
Sexaholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength, and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop lusting and become sexually sober. There are no dues or fees for SA membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. SA is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization, or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sexually sober and help others to achieve sexual sobriety.
You can also meet us at our snail mail address –
Nebraska SA Intergroup
PO Box 30581
Lincoln, NE 68503
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sexaholics Anonymous is a recovery program based on the principles of Alcoholics Anonymous and received permission from AA to use its Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions in 1979.
*Adapted with permission from The AA Grapevine, Inc. SA adaptation © 1982, 1989, 2001 SA Literature. Reprinted with permission.
Copyright © 2023 Nebraska SA Intergroup.